RE: Multi-meter problem..

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Multi-meter problem..
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:30:13 -0700
> Has anyone had this problem? Is this typical of TR's?

Mike, I'm a frequent advocate of cheap DMMs, and I practice what I preach.  I've
never had one "go haywire" even laying on the plug wires on my TR3A.

>  Trying to
> evaluate wether it's best just to try a different meter...

IMO, your meter is bad.  It wouldn't hurt to check your plug wires for
abnormally high resistance, as some vendors sell carbon-core wires that don't
work well with the piercing screws in the original cap.  But I think you'll find
a different meter will solve the problem.

Randall