Triumph Values and Old Men

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs)
Subject: Triumph Values and Old Men
From: jpg2@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 17:43:35 +0000
What an interesting discussion! Here's my two cents:

Whether you're interested in enhancing your LBC "investment" or not, the future
of these cars rests not with us "old men" (getting older by the minute) but
with instilling an enthusiam for Triumphs in younger people, especially kids.

Whenever I have my TR 3A at a show...even one with American iron also present,
lots of kids gravitate to my car. I make sure that get to sit behind the "big
steering" wheel and I let them get in and out without opening the door
(something I can no longer do, because I'm so damn old). It's the pre-teens and
teens that seem to get the biggest kick out of my car. If we all try to reach
out to younger people with our cars anytime we can, there will be a growing
market somewhere down the road. Most important, there will be another
generation ready, able and eager to preserve these fantastic cars and enjoy
them.

Jack Gleason
1959 TR3A