RE: TR 3 running hot

To: <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR 3 running hot
From: "Ron L'Herault" <lherault@bu.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:30:24 -0400
Actually, the 3 had anti freeze in it, just not enough to cover the sub zero
temps of an unusually cold winter that year.   My night time winter driving
was mainly highway, 60 mph or more, coming home from college ( I was a day
hop) so maybe the sustained high speeds kept the battery up to snuff.  There
were times that my 3 was the only car that would start that winter and I
jump started a couple of family cars with it.   I remember the sound of the
car cranking through all that cold oil.   For what ever reason, it always
started very easily.

Ron L