broken sleeved thermostat

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: broken sleeved thermostat
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:50:42 -0600
Jack W. Drews wrote:

> This is the fourth occurrence of stuck new thermostat that I've
> encountered in the past few months. Everybody should beware -- it's
> one more thing we have to check. Disgusting.
>
> At 10:51 AM 8/29/2005, John Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Well it appears it was a stuck thermostat(brand new).

BTW this morning I installed my new Moss old-style sleeved thermostat
while I was removing the radiator -- and attempting to remove the fan
hub assembly. I removed the previous thermostat, a sleeved thermostat
from XK Unlimited with the welded on sleeve. Looks like the welded-on
sleeve had broken off and jammed into the thermostat, which probably
explains why my TR4 has been so slow to get up to operating temperature
over the last year. That broken thermostat was probably 2 years old.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2