Re: parts

To: vitop@sbcglobal.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: parts
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:43:07 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/2005 12:49:00 PM Central Standard Time,
vitop@sbcglobal.net writes:
> I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for a couple of parts -- looking
> for
> new if possible and these things have been gone for a while, but what the
> heck!
>
> 138516  - little clip that bolts to front of water pump (TR6) to hold the
> fuel
> line that goes between the fuel pump and carbs.

That is a pretty standard clip that can be found at some of the better
hardware store (i.e., olde tyme neighborhood hardware stores, not the new big
box
chains).  I know my Ace has some of those but not sure the right size.  Failing
that try McMaster Carr (www.mcmaster.com)

> a new positive batter cable for  TR6 -- not the repros

I can't help but be sure to specify which cable.  The cables changed from the
early CC cars to the later CF models.  The difference will be obvious.

Dave