Thanks for the TR head reference!

To: twakeman@rassolink.com
Subject: Thanks for the TR head reference!
From: CFisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 11:24:54 -0500
TeriAnn,
Thanks for the VERY GOOD illustrated guide to TR2-4 heads on your website.
This was far more usefull than anything I found in "The Original Triumph
TR2-TR3" or "How to Restore Triumph TR2-3"

I was pleased but surprised to see that I have figure #4  TR4 style head
(#503665) on my TS45755 comission car  (TS43733E is on the block) , as this
doesn't seem like a very late TR3A comission number to me. whether or not
it's the original motor, I'm hoping it has the 86mm bore & 9:1 CR to go with
the head and I'm about to pull the head off to measure tonight.

I just sent for the BMHT certificate (of course on the very day the price
went up!) but I'm not sure how detailed that will be. If you know of any
other good engine number references on the net I'd appreciate you pointing
them out.

Thanks again for the great reference tools on your site. I also appreciate
your input to the Triumph email list.

Happy motoring,
Curt Fisher
WWW.essex1.com/people/fishnet/ <http://www.essex1.com/people/fishnet/>
Spritely Vintage Racing Homepage.

"Racing is life, everything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.

"Compared to Road Racing, heroin addiction is like a vague longing for
something salty"