RE: Engine diagnostics help (tr4) - addendum

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Engine diagnostics help (tr4) - addendum
From: "Jim Bauder" <jimbpps@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 13:27:53 -0700
I do agree with Randall, I don't necessarily think that repairing one
problem brings on another major problem. If it just needs a valve job, than
that is all you need to do. However, if the bottom end has 'problems', low
oil pressure, etc, don't skimp on the repairs, finish the job right. And if
you are going to keep the car and have always wanted to do or felt that you
ought to do a frame off and you have the time and the money or almost! By
all means do it and have a ball!! The list is here to help!!

I have done one 'let's go racing' ground up preparation/rebuild, one
complete frame off, both on TR3s. Now I am in the midst of a 'near' frame
off on a TR250! It is frustrating at times, but I love solving the problems
and the issues that do come up!

Of course YMMV!!

Jim