fender screws and seam sealer

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: fender screws and seam sealer
From: Aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:02:39 EDT
Hello all,

Does anyone know a source for body bolt screws that are of a higher grade
than supplied by Moss?  The ones supplied with the kit can't be cinched down at
all. The thread will strip in an instant. The few good original ones ( ie, not
rusty, weren't many) can be tightened without failing. I checked at the usual
places, Ace, True Value, and Lowes, but no one had any.

Also, what have you used as a seam sealer?  I am using the 3M black caulk
supplied by the automotive paint supplier. It is very pliable and doesn't
harden,
but it seems that it doesn't squeeze out as much as it should. There may be a
wider seam than I'd like. It's still not too late if there is a much better
product.

Thanks,

Bud Trussell,
Finally turning the corner on the TR6 project