TR6 brake master cylinder rebuild question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 brake master cylinder rebuild question
From: Brian Ricker <brian@rickernet.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:48:34 -0500
I have rebuilt the master cylinder for my '70 TR6. The bore was honed
and is smooth and not pitted. What happens is that the pison will hang
up in the bore ocassionally (especially if the brake pedal is pushed to
the floor). Bench bleeding the m/c will also occasionally get the piston
to stick. Tapping on the side of the m/c with a small hammer will get
the piston to return back to the starting position. The cup seal is
somewhat tight in the bore and I suspect this is what is hanging up. The
rebuild kit came from Victoria British. Has anybody had any experience
with this seal being out of spec or is the bore possibly out of round?

Thanks in advance,
Brian