RE: Thoughts

To: frede.thomas2@verizon.net, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: Thoughts
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 15:14:29 -0400
>I run 87 MM pistons, stock cam and a slightly milled head with "hardened
>Valve
>seats", is there any reason not to buy ==regular== gas for my car, quite a
>bit
>of in town driving and on the open road I do push it slightly (75/85), yes
>with O/D.  Just thinking out loud and wondering about others with $3.50
>facing
>us each day.  Thanks  "FT"

The only reason to run high octane fuel is to prevent detonation (knocking,
pinging, pinking...).

Put some regular gas in and listen while accelerating in fourth from low
RPM. If you don't hear any detonation, O.K.

If you hear detonation, try retarding the timing a little until it goes
away. If you can live with the loss of performance, O.K.

John H.