RE: Triumphest reservations!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Triumphest reservations!
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:55:30 -0700
Tom and others -
I would hope that the hotel room availability doesn't deter too many more
of you.  While not directly on Harbor Island, there are other hotels fairly
close by (within five minutes or so) that are probably a little more
reasonable - I suppose that the news that the hotel is filled is good in
one respect, that is that people have chosen to attend.  It's always more
fun with a whole bunch of TR people, and being in San Diego (pretty much
all the way south and west), I realize that its a stretch for many of you-
I am planing to attend with all three of my cars - two Spitfires and a GT6
- only because it's close enough to bring all of them and probably the only
time I'll get to do something like that, so for me it will be kind of a
special Triumphest :-)
 It will be fun for my lovely wife as well as myself because it will be the
first time for my wife's Triumph to be on display at Triumphest.  We had it
finished last year but felt it was just too new and too far to do a
shake-down run for last years event.  I love to see all those Triumphs in
one place plus, I get talk to all those people I only get to see once a
year when we all gather for this event. - Also, this hotel holds a special
meaning for us, not Triumph related, but it's where we got married!  Oh
well, that's really what I go for anyway - The other things are fun, and
we'll certainly be participating in a few ourselves, but for me, well, the
real fun are the TR people which after all is really what makes Triumphest
not just another car show!

Anyway, just my two cents worth :-)

Hope to see a bunch of ya there, the bay is a beautiful place (if ya got a
boat, sail or motor on down) and hopefully the weather will be a little
more sunny this time around :-)

>This probably doesn't come as news to many but the hotel for Triumphest
>is sold out on the discounted block of rooms.  They are now offerring
>rooms at their regular $179.00 rate.
>--
>       Best Regards,
>       Tom