RE: lucas horn parts

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: lucas horn parts
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:34:19 -0700
> Does anyone know if and where I can buy Lucas Horn parts.
> Specifically, I am
> looking for two new insulating pieces that surround the contact breaker
> spring.  It looks like they are made from bakelite or carbon mat?

I didn't see a reply to this, so ... I don't know of a source for new parts,
but used horns turn up all the time on eBay.  And even a non-working horn
would likely supply the parts you need.

Another option might be cutting your own, but don't forget those contacts
can get mighty hot under prolonged use.  Ordinary thermoplastic might not be
suitable.  OTOH you probably shouldn't be laying on the horn for that long
anyway, so maybe it doesn't matter <g>

Randall