Re: TR3 Overdrive Switch - Up or Down?

To: bbrewer@tvwireless.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 Overdrive Switch - Up or Down?
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:24:32 EDT
In a message dated 9/22/2005 12:46:19 AM Central Standard Time,
bbrewer@tvwireless.net writes:
>      My old OD switch was finnicky so I decided to replace it with the TRF
> repro OD switch. With the old OD switch, up was OD and down was off. With
> the
> new switch down is OD and up is off. I tried reversing the wires, but it
> remains the same. I think that the switch only mounts one way as well.
>      Is this the right way (down = OD)? Seems backwards to me. Maybe I have
> pull the trans tunnel (groan...) and reverse wires on the switches or
> something.
>      Can someone help me out here?

It is, after all arbitrary.  The important thing is one position is ON and
the other is OFF.  But an important thing to remember here is that in England
the light switches are down for ON and up for OFF so it makes sense that down
would be OD and up would be OFF which is the way mine is.

Dave