Re: Heater valve

To: "Steinman, Bill" <wsteinman@pogolaw.com>,
Subject: Re: Heater valve
From: elliottr@rmi.net
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:10:05 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
The ones I have seen are all bare metal.

Speaking of heater valves, I have purchased 2 for different cars from different
sources, though the manufacturer may be the same.  Even before I put them in
the car the action is very stiff,  especially at the side to close them.

The one that I installed is impossible to turn off with the control in the car
(TR250).  So I have to open the hood to turn off the heat.  I have moved the
cables around so that I have as short of movement as possible and so the outer
sheath of the cable is protecting the inner cable from flexing as much as
possible.

Has anyone else had this problem? Did you come up with a way of modifying the
valve so it worked easier?

Thanks,

Roger Elliott