Tube Shock Conversions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tube Shock Conversions
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 09:04:02 EDT
Randall says:
Well, I can spot at least two, maybe 3 outright lies in the ad.  It's not the
only kit available, and you cannot copyright such things, and I would
personally
bet money that they have not applied for a patent.

Whether you want to believe the other claims is up to you.  But I'd also bet
they won't fit with 205 tires on a TR2.  And I do not believe that tube shocks
are inherently superior to lever shocks.  Just try changing the valve rate on
tube shock with a 15 cent spring !

YMMV of course
Randall

I was hoping that someone would call them out on the Copyright and Patent
issues. Thanks Randall.

I do have adjustable tube shocks on TR4 #197. I think they DO make a
difference, but as always, there are so many variables. And my application is
different from the majority. At the extreme, being able to adjust the rear
shocks
seems to make my Quaife behave more like it should. Like at the Carousel at
Road
America.

However, the rear shocks on my TR3A are letting me down and I am tempted to
try a pair of tube shocks on it. For street application, I suspect I would not
notice much difference, but I would like to try it. I think would be more
inclined to convert an IRS system if I had a TR4A or TR6.

This could be an interesting thread. I am all 'eyes'. Someone much have some
actual experience.

Joe (A)

===     http://www.vtr.org