RE: Source for felt strip to seal rear main bearing cap

To: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>, "Triumphs"
Subject: RE: Source for felt strip to seal rear main bearing cap
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 14:17:36 -0700
> Does anybody have a good source for the felt strip that gets packed into the
> slot down the sides of the rear main cap on the TR4A motor. My gasket set
> didn't have enough! In fact, there was just enough for one side.

British Frame and Engine stocks exactly the right stuff, for exactly that
reason.

Ken Gillanders
British Frame and Engine
4831 N. Ryland Ave
Temple City, CA 91780
626-443-0939
bfeken@copper.net
http://www.britishframeandengine.com/

Or, I think MMC P/N 8762K211 would work.
http://www.mcmaster.com/

The other thing you could do, of course, is complain to the people that sold you
the gasket set.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org