GT6+ Born Again?

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6+ Born Again?
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 18:45:53 EDT
Hi Guys,
Well, this may be an update, progress report or a call for support and
motivation.  The record breaking, in terms of time, GT6+ restoration  started
by
Bruce Lapiere in 1991 and taken on by yours truly in 2001 may be on  the road
completion. The body is painted Signal Red and mounted on the  restored
chassis with the rebuilt motor in place.  I have spent the last  three weekends
sorting thru junk from two cars, a 68 & 70, trying to  determine if I HAVE
EVERYTHING!  Man, really not sure there!
I know I don't have the following:
The bracket and lock out switches for the OD gearbox
OD wiring harness, switch and escution for the steering column
A good 68-69 dash since I want the ignition switch mounted on the  dash
Carb Linkage for early abdjustable 150 CD Strombergs
Interior is a complete mystery at this point but will need everything
I fear that there will be much more missing stuff since I am working from
two cars that I did not take apart. If anyone is interested in off loading any
NOS GT6+ stuff I am in the Market.
I would like this car to come out nice since so much effort has gone in to
it over the years. It will be a period modified Triumph so some A/R racing Mags
 would be outstanding on her if anyone wants to part with them.
Thanks,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org