Ignore the Homer we all have in us!

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ignore the Homer we all have in us!
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 18:26:24 +0100
Hi Guys
I would like to make a short point about safety.
I am an engineer with a good grounding in health and safety, but today I had
a bit of a scare. I was cleaning the lower section of a wing cut off to
allow access to repair the sill on a Triumph Saloon. I was using a strip and
clean wheel in a drill.
I had that "Don't do it like that do it properly" thought and then did a
Homer! "Shut up brain I know what I'm doing!"
Shortly after that it all bit together and the sawn edge sliced a bit out of
me as it was fired into the air. Had I taken note I would have secured the
drill in the workmate and had two hands on the piece of panel giving much
greater control. which incidentally is how I finished the task.
The cut was minor and did not even require a sticking plaster, but could
easily have gone the other way and required a surgeon to re-attach the end
of the finger!

So the moral is Ignore the Homer we all have in us!

Graham.