Re: TR3 Spark plugs & wires

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Spark plugs & wires
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:12:03 -0700
John A. Wise wrote:

> Any recommendations for plugs & wires for a 1960 TR3A that has a Crane
> electronic ignition and lives at 1500 ft MSL in the high desert that
> had 23 days over 110F this summer.

I use a generic copper wire ignition set from the FLAPS -- can make 3 or
4 TR sets from the contents of one box.  Not so good for radio reception
but I think we've covered that topic.

Have had good luck with all the usual plug brands so can't point to one
as superior.  I tend to clean my plugs once in awhile using a wire brush
and the Bosch Platinum don't like such harsh treatment as they have that
little wire electrode.

Okay - this is a stock ignition so maybe there is a plug brand that the
Crane will prefer.

Geo Hahn