bench bleeding new brake MC - TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: bench bleeding new brake MC - TR6
From: Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 07:12:27 -0700 (PDT)
I'm in the middle of doing a complete brake system renewal on my 76 TR6 which
includes rebuilt calipers, new rear wheel cylinders, new brake hoses, and a
rebuilt brake master cylinder as well as all of the little bits.   The only
thing not being replaced is the metal brake pipes.   The instructions that came
with my rebuilt MC (Apple Hydraulics) say to bench bleed the MC before
installing in order not to introduce air into the brake lines.   My thought is
that since the lines are completely full of air now (they've been drained and
open for a while) is that it wouldn't make any difference whether or not I
"bench bleed" the MC.   Anyone have any thoughts, experience, wisdom, etc, on
this?  Should I still bench bleed the MC?  What is the best approach to
bleeding a brake system that is completely drained and full of air?  -thanks

Greg H
Denton, TX
1976 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org