RE: Moss's current issue

To: "'Greg'" <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Moss's current issue
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:55:16 -0400
Greg H. wrote:

Has anyone heard a price tag yet?

>No, I haven't and I've filed the latest issue away in a spot I can't find,
>but I seem to recall a kit they sold for another car went for close to 3k.

And does it use the original dual strombergs?

>No, it uses a 2" SU, or at least that's what most kits I've seen use.

Any guesses on power increase?

>It will more than likely be milder than most of us would like to see.  I'd
bet on a 35hp boost or so.

One more question while I'm on a roll...  Is a supercharger OK to use if you
have bumped your compression ratio up to 9.5 or 10:1 or will that overboost
the engine?

>No, compression has to be in the 7.75 range to work, so if you've shaved
your head you will either have to use another one, or get a special gasket.

Thanks!
Greg H.

>You're welcome.

R. Ashford Little II