Re: TR3 Tilting-back seats

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Tilting-back seats
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:04:27 -0700
Paul Dorsey wrote:

>Has anyone with a TR3 ever used two tilting-back seats in their car?

For years my TR3A had the tilting seat on the drivers side (cause I
didn't know no better).  I think it is as comfortable as the fixed seat
with a couple of advantages:

1. I usually use just a tonneau and it is easier to tuck in behind the
seat if the drivers seat tilts

2. I wanted a more upright position and the tilting seat allowed this by
adding a couple of wood shims on the 2 metal 'pads' on the seat bottom
that the seat back rests against.

Nevertheless, I now have the seats on their correct side as Standard
intended.

Geo Hahn