Re: T/R 3 trannys

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: T/R 3 trannys
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:36:45 -0000
Fred Thomas wrote:
> In February Tom Fansher, Ronnie Babbitt and myself traveled to the U/K for
the
> parts show, while over there we visited "Canley Motors" as Ronnie owns
Herald
> and needed some NOS parts they had, on display in his shop was a complete
> factory built T/R 3 = 5 speed tranny== yes a factory built 5 speed, they
only
> built 2 of them, but it was still a factory tranny, many little secrets
still
> over there hidden away that the public is not aware ever existed, come-on
> JonMac fill us in on some of these secrets.  "FT"

Fred, nothing would give me greater pleasure but I've hit the proverbial
brickwall for the time-being. Infuriatingly, the after-effects of this
recent stroke preclude me doing anything except just read my email or write
short replies and both take an age to do. Don't worry or concern yourself
about foot in mouth etc as I'm 'pushing the envelope' every day - and
hopefully, one day in the future, I can resume as a periodic contributor to
the list. As things stand, I can just about totter out to the car you've yet
to see. The best bits are starting it and listening to it run and I'm giving
myself my own therapy in wrapping the fingers of my duff hand around the
injector pipes and feeling them pulse. I think it'll be a long long time
before the doc passes me off as safe to drive it but this is the therapy I
have to have to make myself get well.

Cheers, Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org