RE: Paint prices??

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Paint prices??
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 22:52:12 -0500
Barry,
Unfortunately, your paint guys is not overcharging you. The last time I
bought epoxy primer was about a year ago and a quart of primer and a pint of
catalyst was right around $50.00. I used the DP90 Dupont product. You mix it
2:1 and I reduced it just a little for my HVLP gun. I would buy it in quarts
as you are probably going to want to primer the bare metal as you get done
with it to seal it up. It will be a little easier on the budget that way..
The good news it that it can be sprayed with good results using a low cost
HVLP system. You have to keep your paint area at about 70 degrees so you
better get a move on unless you live in southern California! It is very easy
to use but get a good quality mask. Also, if you are priming in your garage
and it is attached to your house via a door, duct tape that puppy to keep
the odor out of the house. Ask me how I know...
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a

===     http://www.vtr.org