RE: New heater valve leaking

To: "'Steinman, Bill'" <wsteinman@pogolaw.com>,
Subject: RE: New heater valve leaking
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 13:34:37 -0500
Bill,
I just replaced my heater control valve too and used the opportunity to take
the old one apart to see why it failed. The new valve (from TRF) isn't stiff
at all and moves easily by hand. Once hooked up to the  control cable, it
was no worse then the old one which required some "force" (similar to the
choke) to operate it. The old one came apart by drilling out the rivet and,
as you've noted, twisting the top and bottom takes it apart. I don't see why
the rivet can't be replaced with the small bolt and lock nut to clamp the
two pieces together to prevent movement. Just a thought.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org