Re: Interesting test results

To: jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting test results
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:13:35 EST
In a message dated 12/6/2005 8:30:23 PM Central Standard Time,
jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net writes:
> It used to be claimed that if you gave typewriters to a million
> monkeys and waited long enough one of them would eventually type the
> works of Shakespeare.  The Internet has disproven that hypothesis.

I believe that is if you give an infinite number of monkeys an infinite
number of typewrites they would write the works of Shakespeare.  Bob Newhart
had a
routine about being a proofreader for this effort:

"Hey, Joe, I think we might have something here. 'To be, or not to be, that
is the vlkufa dhglukyh.'  Never mind."

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org