Re: bead blasting

To: FGFO1@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bead blasting
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 23:44:42 EST
In a message dated 12/10/2005 6:19:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
FGFO1@aol.com writes:

put in  new media. black beauty slag (better for the lungs I'm told)
put in a new  water separator
if I feather the gun (fire, off, fire, off, fire, off) I  get blast of media
for a short time but quite a few periods when no  media will come out.
took the gun out and fired it empty, and I can feel  suction at the end of
the pick up tube.

have you tried reverse flushing your media pickup to gun line?
i.e. firmly and completely obstruct the gun outlet with something like a
tennis ball and pull the trigger (or push the foot pedal) so that all the air
will go out the pick-up tube. This will blow out any partial obstruction
anywhere between the pick-up and gun outlet.

Cheers
Jack Mc

===     http://www.vtr.org