TR4 Vandervell Bearings

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Vandervell Bearings
From: "B Rolfes" <brolfes@gvtc.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 21:58:03 -0600
<Can you really get all the Mains in W/O removing the  Crank?>

Yes you can replace the bearings without dropping the crank.  Follow Randall's
advice, he hit most issues right on the head.  The only problems I had was
with the front bearing cap tearing the end plate gasket upon removal and a
rear main bearing cap that would not clear the edge of the transmission
housing. The tranny was loosened and shifted back from the engine to get the
needed clearance.  If I remember correctly the bolts on the aluminum oil
scroll thingy hung up on the bell housing.

Good Luck, Good Triumphing!

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org