RE: Concours Question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Concours Question
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 18:19:19 -0500
Is there such a thing as a partial concours competition? It pains me
that my nice shiny TR6 is such a lowly thing in the eyes of the
concours-ites. I would make good on my failings if only there was an
acceptable way.

I am almost certain that there are one or two bolts on my Triumph that
are absolutely mint and have never even been unscrewed since the car was
assembled. There are many others that are definitely from the car, but
there position has undoubtedly changed over time.

I was thinking that if I really went at it I could re-assemble the car
so that perhaps even so much as three square feet of the machine (inside
the tub next to the fuel tank) would be completely original. Entered
into a partial competition, with a black cloth covering the offending
majority of the car, I could stand proudly beside my contribution. This
should count for something. Could I win a half-trophy; a plaque with the
word "Con" prominently displayed? Surely, being partially human is
better than not at all...

Cheers,

Mark
1972 TR6 (3% of which is 100% concours)