Re: GT6 gearbox and speedo cable

To: Cameron Rooke <beaker211@rogers.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 gearbox and speedo cable
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:04:36 -0500 (EST)
Thanks to everyone who responded. I finally got hold
of the PO and he mentioned that the gearbox was
swapped out before he bought it and no records exist
of what was put in. His mechanic told him he thought
it is a Japanese transmission - perhaps Toyota or
Nissan. I wonder why anyone would put another 4-speed
in there if they were going through all the trouble of
replacing it with an aftermarket unit, but to each his
own I guess.

I'm now in the process of finding someone who can
fabricate a new cable for me.

So, anyone have any experience with what 3rd party 4
speed transmissions from Japan are typically or
historically used on these cars? It would be
interesting if it is one that could easily be swapped
with a 5-speed. But that is probably just wishful
thinking.

Thanks
Cameron
'71 GT6