WD-40

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: WD-40
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:50:10 -0800 (PST)
Hi List!
I do agree with many of the people that WD-40 would be
a poor choice of lubercation to use compaired to
what's now out on the market. I do hope the engine
assembler DID use a good quality of 'pre engine lube'
when assembling it as was mentioned by another lister.
I like the idea of motor oil  OR  Some light wt. oil
[ex- AW-32: This has a consistancy of automatic
transmision fluid]. I use this to 'Flush-out' the
engine when a Head Gasket blew on me. BEFORE I removed
the head, but I did remove the coolant/oil mixture
that was sitting in the Sump Pan, the rest of the
coolant, & changed the oil filter. Ran the engine
until I could start to see the temp. needle move
upward on the gauge [about 3->5 mins].
Also, the how the oil is applied into the combustion
chamber should not really matter, if there was ample
amount to cover the entire pistion top. About
contamining the oil inside the sump pan should be of
little consern, because after the 'Cam Break-in
period' one would be advised to drain the oil & change
the oil filter. Then go out to do the engine break-in procedure.

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org