Re: Poly Trailing Arm Bushings

To: jmitch@snet.net, 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Poly Trailing Arm Bushings
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 12:09:43 EST
In a message dated 3/5/2006 8:34:27 AM Central Standard Time, jmitch@snet.net
writes:
>    I'm installing polyurethane trailing arm bushings and was wondering
> what I'm supposed to grease.  Is it the outside of the bushing where it
> goes through the trailing arm, or the bolt and metal tube going through
> the bushing.  Thanks for any help.  John Mitchell  76 TR6

Grease the inside.  Since it is a smaller diameter and since the sleeve is
highly polished and the hole in the trailing arm is just sandcast the natural
tendency is for the bushing to rotate one the sleeve so why not encourage this?

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6 with poly on all 4 corners
80 TR8 with poly on all 4 corners