Re: TR4 Dash Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, TR250Driver@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 Dash Question
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:06:48 -0600
> In a message dated 3/1/2006 12:32:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> richhalpern@comcast.net writes:
>

> > By the way, as per a previous thread, my 61 has the silver instrument
> > cluster with the rectangular ashtray.
> >

> Another confirmation of an early Four with rectangular ashtray confirms Lou
> Metelko's theory that the non-rectangular version was a prototype of some
>sort.
>  Lou got information from Germany that CT 17 and CT 131 both have the
> rectangle, so it appears I was all wet when I speculated that there were
>three
> versions of the instrument cluster in production.  No just two. Perhaps a TR4
> Concept Car with the prototype Tray?
> Cheers.
> Darrell

Darrell,

I also went through this same issue myself about 6 or 7 years ago.  I
have a 1961 (62?) TR4 CT288L that someone had replace the original
aluminum dash insert with a vinyl coated one.  Being such an early car I
figured it should have the earliest of ash trays.  However a three way
trade between myself, Andy Mace and Brian Sanborn provide me with a very
nice aluminum one.  But it had the rectangular ash tray as well.  I
searched high and low for the proto type style with no success.  I
finally decided that was just what it was, a proto type and until someone
shows me one in there car thats the way I'll treat it.

Brad
http://www.141.com/triumphs

===     http://www.vtr.org