Re: Lost my key . . . now what?

To: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>, tom_winslow@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Lost my key . . . now what?
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 09:11:58 -0500
Cc: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Well, I'm not getting rich, but it does turn out to be a profitable
sideline.

Tom, if you can't find the key code, I do have one other service I don't
generally advertise. For some of the more generally used British car
keys, I've got sets of "tryout keys". It's basically a complete
collection of all of the keys in a code series, with the codes stamped
on them. If you've got the expected FS series key, usually using the
diamond shaped key head, You can place a $100 deposit ( I use Paypal for
all payments) on the set. I send the set to you, you use it to determine
the correct key code, and order a key using the code. You then return
the set to me and I refund your deposit minus a $10 fee and the shipping
cost.

Not an optimum solution, but it can work out cheaper than a locksmith.
You may want to check with a locksmith first though.

I've also got my collection of original keys, not complete by any means
but sometimes people get lucky. If anyone uses key code FA501 for
anything, for some reason I've got 28 new ones in stock. No idea why. :)

George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph
1975 Triumph TR6 - Undergoing restoration
1972 Triumph Stag - Daily Driver
Key Men: Keys for Classics - http://www.key-men.com

===     http://www.vtr.org