Dust cap removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Dust cap removal
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 06:01:59 -0800 (PST)
<<On another list ... way to remove a stubborn dust
cap.>>

"Interesting"??  ...

A big channel-loc or chiesel & hammer or large flat
blade & hammer all
do
the job just fine.

Ed
================
Hi Ed & List!
I'm not familiar with this style of dust cap on a
TRIUMPH car [I own a TR4/A & it doesn't have this
style of cap]. If I was to own a cap like this, then I
would drill a VERY small hole in the center of the
cap, insert a sheet metal screw into the freshly
drilled hole & pull on the screw head to remove the
cap. Once the cap was removed; I would then fasten a
nut to the inside of the cap [Braze, weld, glue,
etc.], so the next time of removal would be easier by
using the correct size bolt [#6, or what ever size to
match the nut's threads] to remove the cap. Constant
removal could destroy the cap if this extra step isn't
taken. I hope this is clear to the reader. If there's
any questions, then feel free to E-mail me. Thank you,

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org