Welch plugs

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Welch plugs
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 11:00:54 -0700
I rebuilt my overdrive tranny and tested it with an electric motor ala
Nelson Riedel and others.  I discovered a fairly sizeable leak at one of
the three Welch plugs at the forward end of the top cover, and upon
further inspection found that the rest of them (the other two in the
front plus the two larger ones on the sides of the top cover) also weep
a little.  Has anyone out there had any success sealing these plugs in
situ, or do I bite the bullet and remove the top cover and replace the
plugs with new ones if they are available?

John Lumia

1976 TR6

===     http://www.vtr.org