RE: four rings on TR3

To: grandfatherjim@gmail.com, CFisher@borgwarner.com
Subject: RE: four rings on TR3
From: CFisher@borgwarner.com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:40:13 -0600
Jim wrote: some of the Ferguson tractor pistons had the fourth ring - it's
another  oil scraper.
Here is a page from my Ferguson website showing this:
 <http://www.geocities.com/wallaces_23/oldpiston.html>
http://www.geocities.com/wallaces_23/oldpiston.html

Curt Replied: My piston has the fourth ring above the wrist pin, close to
the others.

Jim wrote: In case you wonder why I reference the Ferguson at all, it's
because the piston and liner sets from either TR or Fergie will fit in
either block. The Fergies had 80 mm, or later, 85 mm pistons.

Curt Replied: As near as I could measure the bore with my caliper, it seemed
to be 85mm, which seemed strange to me.

Cheers,
Curt

WWW.essex1.com/people/fishnet/ <http://www.essex1.com/people/fishnet/>
Spritely Vintage Racing Homepage.

"Racing is life, everything that comes before, or after is just waiting",
Steve McQueen from Le Mans.

"Compared to Road Racing, heroin addiction is like a vague longing for
something salty"

===     http://www.vtr.org