RE: pressure plate turning

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: pressure plate turning
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 13:18:04 -0800
> Now that I've still got things torn apart, maybe I should have
> the pressure
> plate turned.  What is the minimum thickness for this plate?
> What signs are
> there that suggest the pressure plate needs turning? any other info. I
> should give the shop?

Unless the surface is visibly damaged (and fairly severely so), then I'd
suggest leaving it alone.  The original TR2-4 pressure plate is very durable
(I have probably 300k miles on mine, and I'm not particularly kind to
clutches).  IMO you're just inviting trouble by having it worked on.  There
are special tools required to properly assemble the things, and I doubt it
can be properly ground without being disassembled.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org