[TR] refresh my timing memory

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] refresh my timing memory
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:40:30 -0500
Also, in starting up my 63 TR4 motor:

I think the distributor slot points more at left of the waterpump for TDC,
rather than what the Bentley manual says, (which is:(point towards 1st
pushrod tube of #1 cylinder).  I think these adjustments are relatively
relative, right?

if this is true then I think I remember that a static timing test light will
show that at that moment the points start to open (and eliciting a spark at
the points). That is where I want to clamp the distributor.

The 4 degrees BTDC will be something to do later with a strobe light, right?
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey

===     http://www.vtr.org