[TR] Oil preasure?

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Oil preasure?
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 05:39:36 -0700
This is a little off topic but I have to tell someone.  I have never
liked the oil preasure readings on the oil preasure gauge in my 95
T-bird.  The needle has always indicated low preasure, even when new.
When I had the oil changed yesterday I had my mechanic change the oil
preasure sending unit.  On his own he did a manual preasure test on my
engine.  He found the preasure to be 80 lbs. cold and 50 lbs. hot.  With
the new sending unit the gauge needle now indicates high preasure.
Apparently the sending unit was defective from the factory.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom

===     http://www.vtr.org