[TR] window tracks

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] window tracks
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:37:57 -0800 (PST)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 06:55:28 -0500
From: "james King" <kingjf@stny.rr.com>

Does anyone have a source for the felt strip that
lines the tracks for
the
door windows ?  Seems like you should be able to buy
the stuff and
install
it.in fact, has anybody tried this and what are the
tips ??
-Jim King
----------------------
Hi List & Jim!
Sorry about giving my reply, because I'm catching up
on my back log of TRIUMPH Digest readings. I'm sure
you all have submitted your input [which I haven't had
a chance to read, yet. But He's my 2cents on this
topic:

A cheap way that works is to go to the local drug
store or any place that sells 'Dr. Scholls' foot
products. purchase the stuff that you can cut up &
place over a 'starting' blist that one might recive
from breaking in a new pr. of shoes.   This stuff is a
'felt' like materal with an ahisive back on it. cut
this into long strips. the width should be from one
edge of the U channel, along the U channel, & back up.
remove part of the adhisive back to place on the one
edge of the inside of the channel. then as you remove
the rest of the backing, press the felt part inside
along the bottom & back up the side of the U channel.
You may have to place these strips in 3 locations
along the channel. the top, mid section, & the bottom.
repeat this to the other U channels as nessary.
BTW- I picked up this info. from this list some years
ago.[Maybe 5->10 yr. ago?] So if one could check the
archives, you might find a better set of directions
than I just gave.

The other option is to purchase new channels, if they
have them.

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org