RE: [TR] what grease should I use for the centifugal parts of a

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] what grease should I use for the centifugal parts of a
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:13:51 -0800
> The grease I cleaned out of the dizzy was so thick that I think it was
> preventing the centrifugal parts from moving within the distributor.

IMO it almost doesn't matter.  Any modern grease will be so much better than
what they had 30 years ago that it will work fine.

Personally, I use some "high tech" stuff with Teflon in it.  Sta-Lube brand
I think.  I doubt the Teflon actually works any better than plain old
grease, but the green color looks cool :)

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org