[TR] Paging John Goss about a radio

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: [TR] Paging John Goss about a radio
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:57:09 -0500
 I got an old Triumph radio at the VTR Richmond auction.  How can I tell if
it's pos. ground?

I had forgotten, but the AM radio has John Goss's name written on the
underside of the front.  He also lists two 7-digit phone numbers underneath,
but no area code is listed.  Do you happen to know where he lives?

Dimensionally the radio is about 7" wide, x 4" deep behind the dash, 2" deep
of knobs and dial, x 2" tall
or about normal size

The AM radio's dial says (in white letters):
"5 4  6  8  10  12  14  16"
"TRIUMPH  ( crest  ) TRIUMPH"

This dial face is about 4" wide x 1" high and is clear plastic with a black
backgrnd and has 5 pre-select buttons directly beneath it.
There are two knobs with the familiar knurled knobs behind it .

On the front top-left, but normally covered by the faceplate,
is a diode/transister/round-thing that says in TINY TINY LETTERS
"Bendix 2N1227    ???   1012      D  4"

On the back of the case (not normally visible) is stamped:
"ANT TRIM ABOVE 1400 KC."

No other inscription is shown on the radio's outside.

Thanks alot for this, but John's phone number as it turns out is the best
lead.

> > I got an old Triumph radio at a VTR auction.  How can I tell if it's
pos.
> > ground?
>
> I don't know a good way to tell, offhand, if it's not marked in some
fashion.
> But if you give me the model number, I'll see if I can find it in my radio
> literature.  The radios weren't actually made by Triumph, they were
"rebranded"
> radios from other makers.  Typically installed by dealers in the US.
Supposedly

===     http://www.vtr.org