[TR] Another Question about Surrey Tops

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Another Question about Surrey Tops
From: "Jeremy Kinney" <kinneyjr@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:57:54 -0500
Hi Everybody,

I am going to add a question to the Surrey top discussion.

I have an original Surrey top backlight and would like to know if the
reproduction hard center pieces offered by Revington TR or Honeybourne
Mouldings in the UK would fit.  Also, are these reproductions available in
the US?  I could run out and pay $1000 for an original (like the one on eBay
right now), but I imagine I would use it as much as they originally were,
meaning it would be nice to have on certain days, but I'll be depending on
the vinyl center section for most of my driving.  The repros are about $500
after the currency conversion, but that does not include shipping or paint,
etc.

Anyway, I see the logic of holding out and paying for the real thing, but I
would like to know if anyone has used a reproduction fiberglass center
section.

Thanks,
Jeremy Kinney

===     http://www.vtr.org