Re: [TR] Range Rover Sport fender vents on a TR4?

To: John Macartney <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Range Rover Sport fender vents on a TR4?
From: Greg <one_second_zero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 12:39:35 -0800 (PST)
It is ironic that the Heritage museum is owned by Ford.  That is like toyota or
whomever owning the Corvette Museum in Kentucky when GM is eventually purchased
in whole or part by a non-US company (which I think may happen someday).

John Macartney <standardtriumph@btinternet.com> wrote:
Dave Massey wrote:
> It's a two edged sword supporting the old stuff. On the one hand you
> don't want a reputation that you don't support your older models but
> supporting them keeps them on the road longer cutting into new sales.
> Tough call.

Sure, but it's one that I think BMW resolved to its financial advantage.
Once their main parts warehouse sends a part to NLS status, it then comes on
the inventory of BMW Mobile Tradition. This means that BMW keeps the
tooling, the inventory and subsequent profits (very substantial) by still
selling these parts via its dealer network. It was planned by BMW MT to do
the same with British Motor Heritage and launch a range of OE quality
service parts and selected body bits using the original drawings still in
the Gaydon archive. That all came to nothing when BMW ditched Rover & Land
Rover. The Museum is now owned by Land Rover via Ford and I have no idea
what's going on there now.

Jonmac

===     http://www.vtr.org