[TR] Tire Speed

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Tire Speed
From: Doug Mathews <mathews@uga.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:43:13 -0500
List,

Education can be a dangerous thing.  Next quarter at the VoTech
school, I'm taking suspensions and front ends.  Reading ahead I came
across a paragraph that discussed tire speed dynamics> It said that
at 55 mph, the portion of the tire directly fore and aft of the axle
was travelling at 55mph, the portion of the tire at the very top was
travelling 110mph and the portion of the tire at the very bottom was
travelling 0mph.

We start classes next week so I have not had a chance to ask my
instructor but I know with the brains and experience of this exalted
list. someone ca explain it to this old mind...or what's left of it!

Thanks

Doug

===     http://www.vtr.org