[TR] Sweet Car Sounds

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Sweet Car Sounds
From: John Wise <60TR3A@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 19:12:53 -0700
Just got my May Road & Track in today's mail.  As usual, I turned
first to read  Peter Egan's musings.  This months piece discusses
what are desirable sounds for automobiles.  near the end, Peter wrote:

"This naturally got us discussing our all-time favorite exhaust
notes.  I thought it over and said that mine would have to be my
first TR-3.  It has a simple muffler and resonator on a single pipe,
but it put out a resonant, throaty growl unlike anything I have owned
since.  It hummed deeply on the highway,with a crisp edge produced by
a touch of throttle."

I have always liked his writing style and now his ear for cars!  :-)

John
--
John A. Wise
Glendale, AZ