[TR] Re:spring wakeup surprise

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Re:spring wakeup surprise
From: ikelevine@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 18:05:56 -0500
 Dear TR family:

Spring has come to Maine so I woke up my six.  As I drove it from my storage
shed to the garage I noticed the belching black smoke and awful smell.   Seems
as if a family of mice built a nest in my exhaust system.

I followed all the suggestions for keeping rodent damage to a minimum but I
never thought of closing off the tailpipe.

Can anyone comment on the extent of the potential damage or a way to clean out
the system?  How far cold the little buggers go up the system?  Past the
muffler?  Into the engine?

Thanks in advance for your sage advice.

cheers,

Ike