[TR] my tire update

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] my tire update
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 15:55:40 -0500
Again, you were right!  I might should have listened to you, I'm very
hardheaded!  And even though, "I'll have to make them fit, I believe I can
do so, since I have yet to mount the fenders."

These are the rims and tires that I have bought:

front
165/80R15, approx width of tread = 5",  1" of negative offset on rims

rear tire is only 1.6% diameter difference, (faster)
195/65R15 approx width of tread = 6",  zero offset rims
when I got home and put them up to the car the fenders will need adjusting
less than a 1", which looks doable.  My first thought would be do away with
the folding inwards of the fender's tire seam (flatting it)

This will be done in the next month, I've still got to do away with a small
amount of vacuum leak by the engine,
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey

===     http://www.vtr.org