[TR] TR4A seat belts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] TR4A seat belts
From: "Jeremy Kinney" <kinneyjr@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:33:27 -0400
Hey Everybody,

I just purchased a live-axle 66 TR4A and will be bombarding the list with a
few questions as I get acquainted with the car.  I promise to thoroughly
search the archives before asking anything.  Also, thanks for putting up
with my earlier questions about car storage and Surrey tops.

Anyway, the question for today is seat belt mounts for the 4A.  The TR4A
owners manual says provisions are made for the installation of a two- or
three-point harness.  My car has lap belts with eye bolts in the floor.
Will there be a threaded fitting on the wheel arch for the shoulder strap of
a three-point harness?  The TR250 owners manual has a great section on seat
belt installation and points out the wheel arch fitting.  Anyway, I want to
install a three-point harness and would like to have more information before
I start pulling the wheel arch cover or poking around the undercoating in
the wheel well.

TIA,
Jeremy Kinney
CT55489L